Central Muscle Cars (CMC) held its AGM over the weekend of July 1–3 at Chateau Tongariro, Tongariro National Park. Besides all the usual meeting requirements, the event included a masquerade ball and plenty of social time. ‘Loosehead Len’, aka Phil Gifford, was the guest speaker at the ball and kept everyone well entertained with stories from days gone by.
During the AGM, a new president was elected along with a new committee. That committee includes a few members from last season and is made up of Paul Boden (president), Ross Dallas, Ross Graham, Clarke Hopkins, Steve Scoles, and Andrew Turner.
Event calendar confirmed
With CMC being so popular among race event organizers and promoters, finalizing a calendar that worked for all was no small task. However, thanks to some great work by the committee, a seven-round calendar has been confirmed. Of course, in addition to this is the rapidly approaching non-championship round, which is set to take place as part of the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
- Round one: Hampton Downs 101 meeting, October 28–30
- Round two: V8 Supercars Pukekohe round, November 4–6
- Round three: Premier meeting, Taupo, December 9–11
- Round four: NZ Festival of Motor Racing, Hampton Downs, January 20–22
- Round five: New Zealand Grand Prix meeting, Manfeild, February 10–12
- Round six: Speedworks Championship round, Hampton Downs, March 10–12
- Round seven: Easter meeting, Taupo, April 14–16